You have to try this deep dish gingerbread cookie. It is made without flour, the secret ingredient is chickpeas but I promise you won’t be able to taste them in the recipe!
Deep Dish Gingerbread Cookie
Chewy deep dish gingerbread cookies that are the perfect treat for the holidays!
Author: Lisa Friesen
Recipe type: Snack
- 1 can chickpeas (540 ml), rinse well
- 1 cup whole oats
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp dried ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, except for the crystallized ginger, blend well until completely smooth. I let my food processor run for a few minutes.
- Pour into prepared springform pan.
- Top with chopped crystallized ginger.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, let sit on a wire rack until cool. Slice into 8-12 servings. This would be great served with Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream.